Type your address here, Type your address here
My Career Earning
- International Consultant with in-depth experience in systems integration, content management, web portal design and evaluation, intranet development
- Recognized top technical editor, technical writer, and business process analyst
- Creative, thoughtful, inventive, adaptable, persuasive; takes the initiative; strong analytical, problem identification, and process analysis skills
- Adaptive to new and changing technology, with strong background of experience
- Planner, able to develop visions for the future based on today’s knowledge
- Focused on results; coaching, leadership, training, and teambuilding skills
- Developed a complete Policies and Procedures Program for a major international petrochemical company, launching the company on a path to IT Management Maturity
- Wrote a comprehensive RFP for Enterprise Content Management, documented the AHP-based proposal evaluation tool, defined criteria for proposal assessment, and supported the client’s team in coming to a vendor short list
- Developed a website usability test suite to IEEE 829 standards and best practices, then executed acceptance testing for a Saudi government agency’s new portal website and advised the agency regarding improvements and division of responsibilities
- Wrote a best-practice RFP template for a Saudi government ministry
- Developed a Systems Development Life Cycle for a small application service provider, including intranet-based forms, policies, procedures, and checklists
- Promoted intranet development in a major Middle Eastern bank, including executing proof-of-concept and designing and implementing an online Project Status Reporting application
- Using $60 software, designed and implemented online P&P delivery and presentation to branch banks across Saudi Arabia, saving $60,000 in customization costs
- Managed the negotiation process for a $25 million systems integration project,
documenting all agreed and open issues and keeping the negotiators focused
- Designed, wrote, and edited multivolume user documentation for major banking applications
- Edited a revised Scope of Work for 5 troubled oilfield production projects, setting them on the road to successful completion
- Consultant, META group Middle East, 2003-2004. Dubai-based branch of the international IT research, advisory, and consulting company, Stamford, CT. Clients: Saudi Arabian and Kuwaiti government agencies and private companies.
- Developed policies & procedures program; coached IT P&P development team.
- Wrote best-practice RFP template.
- Wrote enterprise content management RFP; defined criteria for proposal evaluation; documented the evaluation tool.
- Researched records management (ISO 15489) and contributed to RIM proposal.
- Designed and executed portal website acceptance testing (IEEE 829).
- Evaluated document imaging, data warehousing, networking, and portal website RFPs and RFIs.
- Led proposal evaluation team (FileNET).
- Evaluated proposals, analyzed solutions, and researched vendors.
- Provided project support and QA; evaluated security and acceptance testing plans.
- Independent Consultant, 2002-2003.
- Designed, indexed, and published CD-ROM archive: 4600 HTML files, 15,000 images (private client).
- Implemented Apache Web Server, SWISH-E search, and threaded discussion.
- Product Specialist, Resource Development Corporation, Houston, Texas, 2000-2001. A supplier of online training and training administration to the process industries.
- Developed P&P for all aspects of business and technical/IT operations. “Software development philosophy”.
- Developed and maintained intranet. Developed online document control and delivery using ASP and MS Access.
- Developed SDLC. Initiated ISO 9000 effort.
- Researched oil and gas industry structure.
- Edited planning documents for marketing, portal website development; developed logical data model for portal website.
- Specialist in regulatory compliance for process industries.
- Senior Technical Editor, Riyadh Bank, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 1997-1999. Riyadh Bank is the largest Saudi-owned bank and the third largest bank in the Middle East. Project was world’s largest bank automation project.
- Served as Documentation Manager; secretary to bank Technology Committee.
- Promoted intranet development, document management.
- Developed Y2K internet website, intranet webs, Project Status Reporting application.
- Designed and implemented branch procedures distribution using Acrobat.
- Managed drafting and negotiation of $25 million Systems Integration Project contract for retail core and branch banking implementation.
- Compiled documentation for critical legacy system.
- Technical Writer/Editor, Riyadh Bank, 1993-1997.
- Planned and wrote multivolume user manuals for retail banking, general ledger, treasury, trade finance, and equity investment applications.
- Hired and trained technical writers.
- Taught Windows Help file development; managed Help development workgroup.
- Edited data center procedures, IT standards, and management documents.
- Documentation Specialist, Office and Administrative Automation, Saudi Arabian Marketing and Refining (SAMAREC) Division, Aramco, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, 1992-1993
- Assistant Professor, English, 1985-1992
- Technical Writer, Bechtel, 1981-1984
- Ph.D., English, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1984
- M.A., English, University of Houston, 1975
- B.A., Liberal Arts, Cornell University, 1970
- Art history
- Foreign languages: German, Italian
- Literature and literary history
- Publications, conference presentations; past president, Andrew Marvell Society
- Travel and travel writing